I’m off to Durham for the Zine Librarian (un)Conference, which is only my most favorite professional development activity all year. I may never managed to make zines take up a full line in my job description, but zine librarianship has taught me some of the most salient lessons about outreach, community building, ethics, and the importance of access. Also, it has helped me make friends with badass librarian heroes like jennafreedman and clpzines.
Okay, I know this is my second lovefest post about zine libraries this week, so I’ll stop kvelling, but seriously. Look at those jazzhands! Can’t wait to see what awaits us at the Sallie Bingham Center.
- kimberlyxjane likes this
- isallornothingthebestwecando likes this
- mustachequeer said: I am so jealous! Have fun and take lots of pictures and notes!
- mustachequeer likes this
- strangeloopstrangeloop likes this
- thedanaash likes this
- catalogingandcardigans likes this
- missmosnarylime likes this
- clpzines reblogged this from kellymce and added:
- clpzines likes this
- kellymce posted this